Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baking Tip!

My friend Alton has taught me another great baking tip.  When making something like a muffin, (or in my case I was making pancakes which are really just flat muffins, sort of, but defiantly not cakes as their name implies, carrot cake and cheese cake are also culprits of misnaming, for they are technically not cakes either), and you have to mix melted butter, eggs and milk together I always had a problem.  The cold milk would make the melted butter solidify into little butter chunks that floated around your mixture.  No manner or whisking would break them up.  Well, what you can do is mix the eggs and melted butter first.  Then add the milk and other liquids the recipe calls for.  The emulsifiers in the egg make the butter and milk mesh together.  This worked great in the pancakes, I mean panmuffins I made the other morning.  Ha ha! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! My breads/muffins never come out right. I've just been blaming Helga (my oven).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out of town! That is so cool. Maybe I will be less afraid to make pancakes now.

    ReplyDelete